Monday, January 24, 2011

Psalm 118:24 “THIS is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!”


What a GREAT weekend--it was definitely a good reminder of why I love living in Jarabacoa. We had Friday and Monday off of school, and I did so many things that I have not had the time to do in so long! (Or I just did not make time to do!) Even here, I find myself so busy and not taking the time to fully rest and enjoy the beautiful place I live in!

Friday: We were supposed to go hiking, but couldn’t go because the mountains were covered in storms, but it ended up being a great day anyways! Julie-Anne and I went on an awesome motorcycle trip, exploring new places in Jarabacoa, AND I learned to drive her motorcycle!

Saturday: We went on a new adventure run to this “playita” (little beach) along the river, and explored random paths. We ended up following this road (aka an overgrown path) past the playita, found some beautiful places along the mountain that we will have to try again next week--and I am going to take my camera! We went to the pool for a little while in the afternoon, and then Natalie, Melisa, Ryan and I went to play tennis! But, before you think tennis, take a look at the tennis court! Apparently Dominicans don’t play much tennis, we more or less tried to hit the ball back and forth, but it was pretty hard because it was bouncing randomly off of rocks and holes! It was still really fun though!



Sunday: Went to church in the morning, after church Julie-Anne and I tried to make lunch (I have decided that I REALLY need to learn how to cook, because even cooking veggies was quite the task! Haha) then just relaxed and read on the porch all afternoon!

Monday:We hiked out to the Jimenoa waterfalls! Had a wonderful hike, and spent time laying in the sun and reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment