Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wow--I can’t believe it has been a month since I last posted on here! I don’t even know where to begin…

Christmas break was SO wonderful! It was so good to be back in the SNOW with family and friends, enjoy skiing, American food, and just relaxing on an actual couch! I definitely came back refreshed.

I got back the 8th, and I feel like I have been running around ever since! The weekend I got back, I hiked to the Salto Baiguate waterfall (such a beautiful hike!), went on an awesome motorcycle ride with Julie-Anne exploring our running paths, visited with friends, and got ready for school! Last week at school was a blur, but things got off to a good start!



This past weekend, we had our first workday for the Wyld Life camp scholarships. We went around town and by the river picking up trash, and oh my goodness, you would not believe how gross it was! I felt so bad for the kids, because even I was like “oh my gosh, no way am I touching that!” but they were troopers and did a good job! It was really cool to see a lot of the kids who really don’t ever have to do any kind of work actually get out and do something good for their community! We got a lot of questions while we were working--people were like “what are you crazy people doing!” so that was a good way to talk to people about why we wanted to serve the community. We are doing a free car wash in 2 weeks, so that should be a lot more fun!


Wyld Life tonight--will put up pictures and write more later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment