Friday, March 18, 2011

I just realized it has been 2 weeks since I last blogged! Things here have been CRAZY! Last week, I moved classrooms (FINALLY!) not to the one I was supposed to (because it isn’t done yet) but it is SO nice!! It is so helpful to actually have space to move around, enough room to sit on the floor to read, etc! I am so thankful, even though it was super stressful! Things at school have been so rediculous--one of our teachers had a baby so there was a teacher/classroom shuffle because the person who was supposed to sub for her fell through, and there have been random holidays/speakers/whatever might come up that have made almost every day super random!

Tuesday we had Wyld Life (see pictures on previous post!) and it was Battle of the Sexes theme--we played some really fun boys vs. girls games and the kids loved it!

Wednesday at Bible study, our study was on idols. We are doing this really great Tim Keller book called " "Gospel in Life, Grace Changes Everything", that I would definitely recommend! Anyways, we started this study on idols, and I was thinking I pretty much know what my idols are...but I sure learned somnething new! There was a mini question section to help figure out a main root for your idols, and after taking it, mine came out as control. I totally can see where that is evident in my life when I think about it(especially here!) because I like to have a plan for everything, and honestly living here almost every plan I have gets ruined because the attitude here is pretty much to just "take it as it comes". I definitely see where God is teaching me (actually forcing me!) to give up that desire for control, and it is so good! After that, Thursday morning I was reading in the Psalms, and read Psalm 40 (SO COOL!)

"Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O Lord, are the wonders you have done! The things you have planned for us, no one can recount to you! Were I to speak of them and tell them, there would be too many to declare! Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, then I said: 'here I am, I have come! I desire to do your will, O my God! Your law is within my heart!"

Thursday we went on a field trip to Santiago! It was craaaaaaaazy. A bus full of 4th-6th graders screaming, singing, fighting….and I was in the back in the midst of it! Needless to say I was exhausted at the end! It was very fun though, AND a major plus--we got to go to McDonalds for lunch! Hello America!!

I read another sweet Psalm this morning:
Psalm 34:1-9
"I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with His praise. I live and breathe God; if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy: join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out. God met me more than halfway, He freed me from my anxious fears! Look at Him; give Him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from Him! When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot. God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray. Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see how GOOD God is! Blessed are you who run to Him! Worship God if you want the best; worship opens doors to all His goodness!"

No comments:

Post a Comment