Friday, August 27, 2010






First week of school is done!! I can't believe I was just a teacher for 5 days. It was crazy! My class is great, I only have 8 kids, and they are well behaved for the most part! It was an interesting week--we did not get books until Thursday, so I basically had to make up my first 4 days....and then Thursday when we did get our books, the copy machine/printer broke! We managed though! Wednesday the power was out ALL DAY, which meant NO FAN!! Oh my goodness, my classroom was SO HOT. But I had better get used to that!

Teaching my kids has been really fun so far, we are reading "The Tale of Desperaux" (one of my fave books) and they are getting totally into it too, which is really fun! One prayer request--I started the Bible curriculum that we are supposed to do, but it was seriously written in like 1980 and is SO BORING, so I started doing a "superheroes of the Bible" theme and am going to work my way from Genesis-Revelation just throughout the year, which I think will be cool! The hard part is that my students seriously could care less about Bible, which I think part of it is their age, but also just because their families don't take it seriously, so they just dont care. I just feel like if one thing I teach is going to go well, it better be Bible class!!

I have been trying to focus this week about how I should line my standard as a teacher to Jesus' standard for my life...how although I am teaching, my focus needs to be loving Jesus and showing His love to my students 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and THAT is what my job is. 1 Peter 1:15-16 "But as the one who called you is holy, be holy in ALL YOU DO! For it is written: You shall be holy, for I am holy." It is a struggle to remember that, especially when I am tired!

Overall though, this week as gone WAY better than I ever thought it would--praise the Lord!! My kids think I am completely wacko, but thats okay:) I am SO thankful for the weekend...all I want to do is sleep! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment